ProPhoto galleries can be created in three ways:
- In Elements > Galleries found in ProPhoto’s Visual Builder
- In the WordPress editor for posts or pages
- In Galleries > Add New found in the WordPress dashboard
Click below for an explanation of each workflow to create ProPhoto galleries:
1) Create/insert galleries in the Visual Builder
While customizing a layout it’s handy to create new galleries right there.
- Go to Elements > Galleries > New Gallery
- Choose your images
- Click to “Select”
- The gallery will be created at this point and visible in the sidebar. Edit the name and arrange the images in the popup.
To add the gallery to a layout drag the gallery module from the Visual Builder sidebar into the column where you want it to appear. You may want to add the block, row or column first and then drag in the gallery.
When you drop it in place the gallery module popup will appear, allowing you to change the gallery style or edit the module settings.
2) Create/insert galleries while editing posts or pages
Some appreciate the convenience of creating new galleries while editing posts or pages. You can do this following these simple steps. Screenshots of this process are below.
- Click Add Media in the post/page editor
- Click the Create a new ProPhoto gallery link on the top left
- Upload and/or select your batch of images
- Click the Create a new ProPhoto Gallery button at the bottom right.
The gallery is created, and a placeholder representing that gallery is inserted. To edit the gallery directly, click on the gallery title or locate the gallery in Galleries > All Galleries. Click the pencil icon to assign a different gallery style or choose a different gallery.
Existing galleries can be inserted using the ProPhoto button. Click on it then “Insert Gallery” and use the popup to select a gallery and a gallery style to insert.
3) Create a gallery in 'Galleries > All Galleries'
Creating a gallery in Galleries > All Galleries is very similar to creating a new post or page.
- In your WordPress dashboard go to Galleries > Add New (or click Add New button from the Galleries > All Galleries screen)
- Type a title for the gallery. You can adjust the permalink address if necessary.
- Click Choose Media to upload photos or select existing photos from your WordPress Media Library in a popup.
- Click to select a gallery style which sets how your photos will be displayed when viewed.
- Publish or Update the gallery.
Here are some screenshots of the workflow:
Galleries which you have created are all collected in the Galleries > All Galleries screen for editing, and all galleries can be used within posts & pages, or can be added within ProPhoto page layouts.
Working with ProPhoto photo galleries
Open the accordions below to learn about other tasks related to gallery creation.
Whether you are in the Visual Builder or “Galleries > All Galleries” use the “Add Images” button to add images using WordPress’ Media Library functionality. Use cmnd/ctrl + click to select multiple images at once.
After images are in your gallery, you can reorder or delete them. Anywhere the gallery has been inserted will be affected by changes here. Mass reordering by filename, upload order or file created time is possible with the dropdown. Move single images or groups of images all at once. To select a group of images in a row use shift + click. To add individual images to a group use ctrl/cmd + click. Use the toggle switch to see image filenames is needed.
Apply a gallery Style
Everywhere a gallery is present on your site a gallery style is also applying. These are created in the Visual Builder in “Elements > Galleries > Styles.” Set the style anywhere you are creating or editing a gallery.
- When creating or editing a gallery module
- When editing a gallery inserted into a post or page
- When editing the gallery itself from “Galleries > All Galleries”.
You are never locked into any style. It can be changed at any time.
Any gallery created in the Visual Builder or in a page is automatically published as soon as it is created. Galleries created in “Galleries > All Galleries” are not published until the Publish button is clicked. All the standard WordPress publishing options are available allowing you to password protect, save as a draft, keep as private, and schedule for future publishing.To manage the publishing options for any gallery you must be in “Galleries > All Galleries”
Feature an image
Like regular posts/pages, you can feature an image for a gallery. Any time your gallery is included in a grid, this is the image that will be used for the grid thumbnail. It also may be the image used in link previews when sharing your link on social media sites.
Insert a gallery as full sized images
Any gallery in a post or page can be displayed as full size images instead. The benefit of this are twofold
- You don’t have to hunt through your media library to find these particular images to insert directly.
- Any edits you make to the gallery (add, delete, reorder) will be reflected in these full size images.
When inserting a gallery into a post or page, choose the gallery style called “Full Size Images” to insert them all as full size, as if you had inserted them directly into the post/page. For galleries that have already been inserted, edit the gallery to select the full size option.
Insert gallery as block background
Blocks can receive any gallery as their background. Follow this three step process.
- Edit the block appearance
- Choose a gallery
- Choose a gallery style
For more details on block background galleries option check out Block background galleries .