ProPhoto Tiles are layered graphic compositions you can place anywhere in your layouts. They are found in ProPhoto’s Elements > Tiles area, seen here:
Here is an example of four tiles that have been stacked within two different columns for a beautiful effect in a homepage layout:
Create a new tile
This video demonstrates how to create a simple tile with just one image layer and a hover opacity effect, but tiles can be much more complex:
To create your own tiles, follow these general steps:
- Using the ProPhoto editor, navigate in the Elements > Tiles sidebar area.
- Click the + Add Tile button to make an empty tile, or click to copy any existing tile in the sidebar to save time and work from an existing creation.
- Enter a unique name along the top of the tile editor popup.
- Set the maximum width and height of the tile canvas along the top of the popup.
- Use the left portion of the popup to control several aspects of the tile and its layers:
- switch between “states” (default, hover, active)
- select layers for editing
- add new layers
- edit layer settings (select fonts, edit text, choose colors, etc.)
When creating a new tile, set the size before working on the layers. The size is a maximum width & height for the canvas you work with for a tile.
Tile size and dimensions